Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some more supplies

I got some more supplies today. I first tried to get a single piece of lexan for the rear view screen but Lowes and Home depot only had 36 x 48 sheets and I needed 40 x 48. I decided that I tried to see if I could fashion a 2 sheet window but after buying 2 sheets and bringing them back to see the fit I decided that it wouldn't work. I went online and found that the same place that I ordered the corrugated plastic for the underbody also had a 48x48 sheet of lexan.
After the Lexan came in I decided to get a few more metal supplies. I got another 24x24in sheet metal and I got a few more bars of metal. I'm also going to have to fill my CO2 + Argon tank before I do any more welding.
I was thinking that I might try to put a bead of silicon on the edge of the sheet metal where it will contact the body between the rear seats and the trunk, if that doesn't work I will look into rubber.

No comments: