Monday, June 22, 2009

Scuderia Toro-serratura


My 1984 GTV6 was a carrier of the Alfa bug and the infection spread quickly. I bought the GTV6 with a 3.0L heart transplant. The aim of this car is a cruiser / track car and I try to keep this in mind when buying parts and making modifications. At this date I've removed the air conditioning, added stiffer rear springs and replaced several bushings with the poly replacements.


After being infected with the Alfa bug I couldn't last a full week and sometimes more driving a "normal" car. I found a neglected baby in need of some tender care. After replacing the battery and the timing belt I got the eninge to start but it was far from running smoothly. It took a long time to track down a minor vacum leak inside of the cold start air auxiliary valve. The small air leak was wreaking havok on Bosche L-jet fuel injection keeping it from being able to be a driveable car. After fixing the air leak, I cleaned up many bad sensors. Now she's my daily driver during the fall and winter months.

The next car in the stable is the classic GTV from 1974. As you can tell the outside is in need of some attention. The inside is in good shape as all the seats have been reupolstered. The engine was rescently rebuilt and since the picture it has been given performance springs which really improve the apperance and the handling.



For my next car I went south from Milano to the town of Modena to a tiny manufacturer called Maserati. The 1985 Biturbo has classic elegant lines which mask its true character that really wants to go fast. When the car arrived the previous owner didn't know that the wastegate has been disconnected. Luckily i found this out and reconnected it. Since then i've installed a manual boost controller, liquid to air intercoolers, bypass valves, and a SPEC stage 2 plus clutch.

No comments: